I am a big believer that finding the best stroller for you is one of the most important things you can do before your baby arrives! While I did a lot of baby-wearing with my newborns, I still can’t imagine not having a stroller around for walks and outings. That being said, every family’s stroller needs are probably going to be a bit different. You will want to take lifestyle into consideration along with budget, style, and comfort to find the perfect fit.
Below is our breakdown of the best strollers in 2023 for every type of mom.
Best Strollers in 2023
Best Overall – Uppababy Cruz
The Uppababy Cruz is a premium stroller that pretty much every new mom has on her radar (and for good reason!). The Uppababy Cruz is an all-around excellent stroller. It works great in tons of different scenarios from leisurely strolls to all-day-long adventures.
5 Things We Absolutely Love about the Uppababy Cruz
- Easy to remove seat/car seat – This is essential when you have a newborn. With an Uppababy car seat, you can pop that car seat right out of the car and into the stroller with a simple click leaving your baby peacefully sleeping inside.
- Incredibly Smooth Ride – The Uppababy Cruz has 4-wheel suspension which means you can use this thing pretty much anywhere and have a fairly smooth ride for the baby.
- Best Storage – The Uppababy Cruz is by far the best stroller for storage. It has an easy-to-access storage basket that can hold so much! Plus, it has a compartment for a cup and an additional pocket. The basket can hold up to 30 lbs.
- Great for Your Kids as They Grow – The Uppababy Cruz has a footrest that adjusts for your child as they become bigger, plus it can handle a weight of up to 50 lbs.
- An Easy-to-Use Brake System – This might sound weird but hear me out. A lot of strollers have foot brakes which are convenient, but usually, you have to click up to unlock the brake. This is fine unless you are wearing sandals. I have broken sandals or ruined a nice pedicure by trying to click off the brake. On Uppababy there is one side for the Brake (labeled red) and the unlock is on the other side (labeled green).
Other Things We Love About the Uppababy Cruz
Along with the Uppababy Cruz frame, there are some great accessories that make this stroller versatile. This includes the bassinet with a storage bag, reversible toddler seat, rain shield for the toddler seat, and bug shield for both the bassinet and toddler seat.
If you are going to use a stroller on a regular basis (daily walks, trips to the park, etc.), this stroller is durable and versatile enough to carry one or more children for years. Not to mention, the Uppababy Cruz definitely is not lacking in style. In fact, it tops my list for looks!
One thing to note…
The Uppababy Cruz can not expand to a double stroller. However, it does have a standing board you can purchase separately, which we love for our 7-year-old. If you want to expand to a double stroller, check out Uppababy Vista.
You can check out our Full Review of Uppababy Cruz on Instagram!
Where can you get the Uppababy Cruz?
This stroller can be found in local stores or through online orders and will cost you about $699.
Best Bang for the Buck – Mockingbird Stroller
The mockingbird is the one stroller that surprised us the most. We heard good things about the Mockingbird stroller but when we went to use it, we were really impressed.
Top 5 Things We Love About the Mockingbird Stroller
Here are the 5 things we absolutely loved about the Mockingbird Stroller that make it one of the best strollers on the market.
- One-Handed Folding – This stroller is super easy to fold up and it stands on its own. Great for if you are out and about or hitting up a theme park.
- Easy One-Handed Lay Flat Seating – This is probably the easiest seat to lay flat.
- Removable Easy to Clean Insert – Great to clean up after messes or spit-ups. There is an additional charge for this insert but it is totally worth it, as cleaning inside strollers is such a pain.
- Tons of Storage – You will be amazed by how much stuff you can shove below the Mockingbird
- Easily convert it to a double stroller – Having the option to easily convert the double stroller is always a bonus!
Other Things You Should Know About the Mockingbird Stroller
The 6-position handlebars adjust to most heights when it comes to stroller pushers. The seats recline, but they can also reverse so that your baby can see you. Storage baskets are extra large for all of your supplies on the go. The one-hand fold makes it easy to pack up the stroller and get on your way.
If you want a stroller to handle more than one toddler at a time, consider the Mockingbird Single-to-Double Stroller. For just a little more in price, it is possible to get this great design and construction that can hold two little ones at a time. The flexibility of a transitioning stroller from one to two and back to one makes it a great “bang for your buck”.
Where can you get the Mockingbird Stroller?
The Mockingbird Stroller is custom-made at the time of order. Demand is high, so pre-orders may take weeks for it to arrive, but it is worth it. It starts with a 30-day risk-free trial and continues through a lifetime warranty on manufacturing defects.
Each stroller comes with a canopy, attachable sunshade, and bumper bar. The car seat adapter lets you use a car seat from nine models. From infant to 50 pounds, your child will have a comfy ride.
Best for Comfort – Bumbleride Era
The Bumbleride Era offers a comfortable and super smooth ride. It is sleek, stylish, and eco-friendly!
5 Things We Love About the Bumbleride Era
- Incredibly Comfortable For Baby – This stroller has comfy machine washable seat fabrics and it is covered with a canopy that has pop-out extensions with air vents for airflow and sun protection. This is perfect for those hot summer days. I remember my oldest yanking down the canopy because the sun always found a way to creep in the stroller.
- Air-Filled Tires for Bumpy Roads – The air-filled tires are part of the 360-degree front swivel. What’s even smarter for this all-wheel suspension ride is that the air pump is already in its pocket in the storage basket.
- Transform into a Mini Bassinet – The reclining seat can convert into a mini bassinet as it lays down flat and then with a few snaps you have yourself a mini bassinet. This means there is no need to purchase an additional bassinet.
- Compact & Expandable – For a compact stroller, it has room for your baby to grow. and adjustable footrest grows with your content child.
- Eco-Friendly – This might be the most Eco-Friendly stroller on the market and so sleek with features like the all-natural cork handlebar.
One thing we would like to see improved but isn’t a big deal.
The only thing we did not love about the Bumbleride Era was the way it folds. It is not terribly difficult, just a little awkward as you have to swing the bar up and over the stroller. Otherwise, this stroller is a pretty sweet ride for your baby.
Where can you get the Bumbleride Era?
Bumbleride can be found in local stores or through online orders. There are 5 colors from which to choose and accessories (most sold separately) that help this stroller stay with your baby from birth to toddler. A Bumbleride Era runs about $799.
Best Stroller for the Theme Park Mom – Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 Stroller
When it comes to theme parks with children, a quality stroller makes everything easier. Parks, like Disney, have restrictions on the size of strollers. City Mini GT2 meets the requirement of 31 inches wide by 52 inches long. In fact, you know the City Mini is a good theme park stroller because 95% of theme park stroller rental companies use it.
Of course, any stroller that is good enough to make it through a day at a theme park is great for day-to-day needs as well!
Why the City Mini Tops Our List
We had a City Mini for 4 of our kids, so you best believe we love it! The smooth ride will help you maneuver through groups and families when in theme parks. With the forever air rubber tires and all-wheel suspension, you can handle any type of terrain, even dirt paths.
Other Things We Love About This Stroller
- Lightweight Design – The lightweight frame folds easily with one hand, which helps when collapsing it to board boats, trams, and monorails. All of this ease comes in a stroller that can support children up to 65 lb.
- Easy to fold and tons of storage – There are two essentials when it comes to theme park strollers; easy breakdown and tons of storage. This stroller has both. You will get a giant basket and a one-hand fold with the City Mini.
- The Capability to Hold Older Kids – If you have an older child that wants to ride more than walk, the glider board accessory holds up to 45 lbs and folds up when not in use. Our 6-year-old has cruised along just fine on the glider board through theme parks. Since theme parks may restrict the use of stroller wagons, this can ease the problem of juggling more than one child at the park.
- Comfort for the Adults – This stroller comes with an adjustable handlebar for varying heights. You can also add accessories like the parent console for drinks and make bringing your own stroller to the theme park less of a hassle.
Where can you get the Baby Jogger City Mini GT2?
Best Budget Travel Stroller – Bebee Lightweight Stroller by Bombi
As a travel writer and a mom of 6, I have gone through a ton of travel trollers and the Bebee Lightweight Stroller is by far my favorite.
Why We Love This Travel Stroller
The Bebee is super lightweight, easy to pack in its airplane bag (which is included), and incredibly durable. I have taken it on multiple flights and multiple destinations and it is by far my favorite travel stroller.
Features We Love
- One-Hand Smart Fold – One of my favorite features is the One-Hand Smart Fold and how compact the stroller folds up.
- Large Sun Canopy – This is probably one of the best canopies I’ve seen for a travel stroller. We make sure to use this stroller for our sunny destinations.
- Multi-Position Reclining – The multi-position reclining makes it a comfortable ride for your little one. This also allows you to use the stroller for long days when your baby might need to nap.
- Great Storage Space – Storage while on the go is also important. The basket underneath has two pockets and mesh sides. You can even check for what you need while in front of the stroller.
Where can you get the Bombee Lightweight Stroller?
This stroller can be found online at Bombi.com, It is a very popular stroller and you will find it sold out many times, so if you see it available, snag it.
Best Luxury Travel Stroller – Joolz Aer Travel Stroller
This is another travel stroller I absolutely love for its convenience and durability. It is at a higher price point than the Bebee Lightweight Stroller we reviewed above, but if you are a busy traveling family it is worth the price.
Why We Love It
The Joolz Aer Travel Stroller has one feature that really sets it apart; the one-handed quick fold (that actually works)! It is a great option if you are looking for a lightweight stroller that is easy to tote on travels.
I also tried out the bassinet attachment which makes the Joolz Aer newborn-friendly. The sun coverage it provides is amazing and well-vented to keep it from getting hot underneath. I really appreciate how this attachment folds up right along with the stroller and is very slim, making it easy to pack in the car.
Check out how easy the one-handed quick fold is and see why this stroller is perfect for travel!
Where Can You Get the Joolz Aer?
You can find the stroller at Joolz.com or on Amazon. It is another hot item and can be sold out at times so make sure to turn those in-stock notifications on!
Best Lightweight – Babyzen YOYO2 6+ Stroller
This stroller is super lightweight and easily collapsible, while still being durable and able to hold a child up to 48.5 pounds. That’s the best of both worlds!
Why We Love It
This is a French-designed stroller making it a bit different from the other options on our list. One of those big differences is that it weighs less than 14 pounds! That is less than half the weight of some of the top strollers from the U.S.
It folds up so well that it can fit in overhead compartments while traveling on airplanes. It also keeps the parent balanced when carrying a baby in one arm and a folded stroller in the other.
Features We Love
- Lightweight but Sturdy – Just because it is light doesn’t mean that it can’t hold up to use. It is still constructed with aluminum alloy, stainless steel, and fiberglass and is able to support babies up to 48.5 pounds.
- Plenty of Storage – The basket underneath is also spacious and durable.
- Adaptability – This lightweight stroller can easily be your full-time stroller whether you walk everywhere in the city or still need to bring your baby in the car seat and use the adapters. It is great for travelers or for making your way through urban neighborhoods.
Something to Keep in Mind
The Babyzen is designed for babies six months and older who are sitting up more with a 5-point harness rather than infants.
Where can you get the Babyzen?
This stroller can be found in local stores or through online orders on Amazon and will cost you about $499.
Best Luxury – Bugaboo Donkey 5
The Bugaboo is not only one of our favorite luxury strollers options, but it has the capability to easily convert between a single and double stroller to fit your needs.
Why We Love It
- Adaptable from Single to Double Stroller – Bugaboo is truly adaptable with the ability to go from a single to a double stroller in three clicks.
- High Weight Limits– The strong materials can hold up to 50 pounds per seat so this stroller will last you for the long run.
- Slim Configuration – Even in the double stroller configuration, it can still fit through a standard doorway.
- Easy to Keep Your Eye on Both Children – I appreciate both kids are in easy view while pushing. The toddler seat is not too high, so it doesn’t block your sight of the infant.
- Double the Storage – The side luggage bag is a nice touch. It will keep your essentials within reach while still protected from the elements. Plus, there is also an under-seat basket for extra storage.
The Added Benefit of a Warranty
There are extra benefits to this luxurious stroller. It starts with a 100-day free trial to make sure it is the best fit for your family’s needs. It also comes with a 2+1 year warranty. Since this stroller can last many years and still look good, you want to be certain that the company will back it up with a strong warranty.
Do keep in mind, when you are ready to turn the Mono into a Duo or Twin, separate accessories will have to be ordered.
Where can you get the Bugaboo Donkey 5?
This stroller can be found in local stores or through online orders and will cost you about $1,499.
Best Jogging Stroller – Bob Revolution Flex 3.0
If you are looking for a jogging stroller, you really cannot go wrong with the Bob Revolution Flex 3.0. It can be used as your everyday stroller in addition to being able to accompany you on hikes and jogs over rough terrain.
Why We Love It
The jogging stroller is made for the active parent who loves to adventure with their little one. BOB Gear is known for the jogging strollers that are made for outdoor activities. The Revolution Flex 3.0 is one of the best of their line of single strollers. Even if it can easily handle neighborhood sidewalks and roads, it has the mountain bike style with air-filled tires that creates a smoother ride for your baby no matter what terrain you hike or job.
Features We Love
- Tons of Functional Storage – Multiple pockets, a big cargo basket, and a cell phone pocket in the handlebar offer plenty of storage for you and your child.
- Handlebar Position Options– The 9-position handlebar means that no matter your height, you can find a comfortable position to push the stroller in.
- Easy to Use and Adaptable – The Revolution Flex is lightweight but durable, compatible with eight different types of infant car seats, and so easy to use when making reclining adjustments with one hand or folding it to pack away in the car.
- Air Flow Will Keep Your Baby Comfortable – Ventilation vents make your baby comfortable while you are sweating during your run.
- Older Children Can Still Hitch a Ride with You – Your older child up to 75 pounds and 44 inches tall will enjoy riding with speed in the open air.
Where can you get the Bob Revolution Flex 3.0?
This stroller can be found in local stores or through online orders and will cost you about $499.99.
*Keep in mind, that even though the stroller can be used with infants, the impact and bouncing of jogging are not suitable for their weak head and neck. You won’t want to jog with your child until they are around 8 months old.
Best Umbrella Stroller – 3D Lite Convenience Stroller
When it comes to umbrella strollers, the 3D Lite Convenience Stroller is definitely one of the best options out there. It offers some of the bells and whistles that many other umbrella strollers do not.
Why We Love It
The difference between a full-size stroller and an umbrella stroller is mainly size. While a stroller system is great, some parents just don’t need a full-size stroller or, perhaps, they just want something more compact for certain occasions. Umbrella strollers are a less expensive option and are very lightweight.
Some people don’t need a big stroller or can’t store its bulk in their closet. Perhaps all they need is to go down the street to a neighbor. If all you need is something lightweight and easy on you without all of the bells and whistles of full-size strollers, the features, benefits, and price of the 3D Lite umbrella stroller may suit your needs.
Features We Love
- Just 13 lbs! – The 3D stroller is 13 pounds and is very easy to fold and carry.
- Offers More than the Typical Umbrella Stroller – Unlike some other umbrella strollers out there, the Convenience stroller has a reclining seat, adjustable canopy, and a storage basket.
- Will Last Through the Toddler Years – It can hold a toddler up to 50 pounds.
Where can you get the 3D Lite Convenience Stroller?
This stroller can be found in local stores or through online orders and will cost you about $99.99.
So, what’s the perfect stroller for your family? I will let you in on a secret… you really cannot go wrong with any of the options on this list from the luxurious Uppababy Cruz to the wallet-friendly Mockingbird.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which brand is best for stroller?
Uppababy is the best brand when it comes to strollers. While I strongly believe in picking a stroller that fits your family and lifestyle, you really can’t go wrong with an Uppababy stroller because they are adaptable and high-quality.
What is the best infant to toddler stroller?
The Uppababy Vista and the Mockingbird both offer amazing infant to toddler features and can grow with your family.
Why is UPPAbaby so popular?
Uppababy strollers are designed well, rank high in safety tests, and most of their strollers offer amazing grow-with-me features.
What type of baby stroller is best?
There are so many different types of strollers out there from umbrella strollers to joggers. I recommend you start your parenting journey with a travel system like the Cruz stroller and Mesa car seat duo. It is versatile and good for everyday use.
You May Also Like:
Pin for Later!
Best Strollers of 2023
- UPPABABY CRUZ
- BABY JOGGER CITY MINI GT2 STROLLER
- CHICCO BRAVO TRIO TRAVEL SYSTEM
- MOCKINGBIRD STROLLER
- BUMBLERIDE ERA
- BABYZEN YOYO2 6+ STROLLER
- BUGABOO DONKEY 3 MONO
- BOB REVOLUTION FLEX 3.0
- 3D LITE CONVENIENCE STROLLER